Crystal Green Initiatives
We are a 4 Green Key Hotel...
The Crystal Lodge and Suites is proud to announce that on December 20th 2010, we were rated a 4 Green Key property by Green Key Global. The Green Key Eco-Rating Program is a graduated rating system (1-5 keys) designed to recognize hotels that are committed to improving their environmental and fiscal performance. Since being awarded 3 Green Keys back in 2008, The Crystal Lodge and Suites has made significant improvements to our green practices and policies. These changes have allowed us to reduce our environmental impact and operating costs through reduced utility consumption, employee training and supply chain management.
Thank you to our Green Team, staff and guests for your continued support! For more information, suggestions or feedback please email Ian Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE GREEN TEAM
The Crystal Lodge Green Team was formed in 2008. The team consists of 6 department representatives who meet frequently to share guest and staff ideas regarding improvements that we could make to become a greener and more sustainable hotel and work place. Since its formation, many 'Green Initiatives' have been implemented.
- Free parking for Hybrid vehicles
- 'Crystal Green Choice' - when housekeeping is not required, $5 per day is donated to the AWARE program
- Recycling of paper, cardboard, toner cartridges, glass, batteries, plastic and tin/aluminum, soft plastic and cigarette butts
- Recycling bins in all guest rooms and offices
- Biodegradable key cards
- Energy efficient lighting in over 75% of the building
- Low flow toilets, shower heads and tap aerators in guest rooms
- Conservation of water and energy with our linen reuse program: 'Hang Your Towel'
- Smart use of recycled paper and double sided printing in offices
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Use of Energy Star appliances
- Use of waste compactor to reduce volume of waste going for disposal
- Motion sensors, lights-off and thermostat policies in place
- Materials/supplies that no longer meet guests' standards are donated to local charities such as Lookout Society
- Support of our community through the Crystal Cares Program
- Staff education and training programs
- Donation of materials/supplies that no longer meet guests standards are donated to local charities
- Host hotel for the AWARE reusable bag pilot project
- Participation in Earth Day and Earth Hour and pitch in clean up days
- Crystal Cares
- Best Rate Guarantee
- Green Initiatives
- Contact Us
- Terms of Service
"One of my favorite hotels in the world"
It is possible to fluke a flawless visit to a hotel. It could also be said with a little luck you could have an exceptional guest experience with little or no input from the staff and administration of an establishment. This being the case we decided to return to the Crystal for a second year in a row (something we have never done anywhere else in the world) to see if our first visit was a fluke. I am very happy to confirm it was not. The staff team from front desk to housekeeping are all exceptional and I couldn’t fault one single function, task or attitude in the building. I genuinely feel that they care about my experience and stay with them both in and out of their hotel. I hope this review encourages you to stay with them, I hope it encourages the team there to carry on doing exactly what they are doing. And I hope to see them again in the future. Well done guys and thank you for another magical stay.
Darrensplace | Belfast, UK