Crystal Lodge is proud to be rated a 4 Green Key property by Green Key Global.
The Green Key Eco-Rating Program is designed to recognize hotels committed to improving their environmental and fiscal performance. We have made significant improvements to our practices and policies to get here – and have significantly reduced our environmental impact.
- Free parking for electric vehicles
- Crystal Green Choice: when housekeeping is not required, $5 per day is donated to the AWARE program
- Energy efficient lighting in over 80% of the building
- Low flow toilets, shower heads and tap aerators in guest rooms
- High efficiency Make-up air system throughout the hotel
- Conservation of water and energy with our linen reuse program
- 3 stream waste options in all guest rooms (landfill, recycle & compost)
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Energy Star appliances
- Waste compacting to reduce volume of waste
- Bulk re-fillable bathroom amenities and removal of water bottles in rooms to significantly reduce single use plastic going into waste stream
- Motion sensors, lights-off and thermostat policies in place
- Materials and supplies that no longer meet hotel standards are donated to local charities
- Support of our community through the Crystal Cares Program
- Staff education and training programs
- Participation in Earth Day, Earth Hour and pitch-in clean up days
Drink Like a Local
Did you know that Whistler has some of the highest quality drinking water in the world? The snowcaps you’ll see out your window melt into the lakes and streams that provide our drinking water – so fresh and pure it requires minimal treatment. We encourage guests to drink our amazing water right out of the tap – and keep plastic bottles out of our landfills and oceans. We also provide filtered water bottle refill stations on each floor.